Tuesday 21 October 2014

Inspiration and Influences

My Opening Inspiration/Influences on PhotoPeach

 

I also draw inspiration from...

Inception (2010)

Personally, I feel that this psychological thriller is one of the best films ever made. It has all the components of a great film and combines that with an engaging draw which never lets the audience feel like they've got to the bottom of it all.
In this particular intro, it introduces us to the idea of dreams and reality. It is a simple concept that is unique to this film so it's instantly more interesting for us as viewers.


I feel that overall this task has helped to develop a wider sense of creativity. All the films in my Photopeach collage have differences both in style and genre, this will go a long way in making my opening as unique as possible. Watching some of the films shown in my collage has allowed me to further appreciate the differences in style between different directors, this was interesting for me to observe and compare. Specifically looking at Inception, I was able to look at a different approach to an opening sequence as opposed to the standard chronological one, this is something I am really considering doing. This task has also made me consider how I will challenge some of the conventions of the stereotypical British Gangster.


No comments:

Post a Comment