Friday 5 December 2014

Scripting/Drafting

*Voice over*

Rob: If you ask me whether I'm an easy-going sort of guy, I would reply yes. In fact, I'm the nicest man you'll ever meet. In many ways I'm your best friend. Matter of fact, (beat) I'm the only one you got.
- If you ask me whether I'm fair, every single man, woman and dog will have the same answer, and why wouldn't they? They all deal with me, because I make them my business. I look after this estate because I care about them all, they need me to, ya know, (changing tone) keep things ticking over. Obviously with this commitment to them, it's only right that I'm duely paid for my services.
- 20 years ago Marxfield was a shit-hole. Guns, violence, rape and drug abuse rates were at their highest ever. I watched my own Mother be brutally beaten to death in the corner of my maggot-infested room, while those cowards walked free on our streets. What did our majesty's beloved justice system do about this? Fuck all is the answer to that one, (changing gear) so now when we see a police officer on my streets, we use their life as a commemoration to my Mum's. It's only fair really.
- But let me ask you a question. What do you do when a no-good, back-stabbing copper gets on your nerves one too many times for your liking? You remind him just who he is, and who you are.
- The rest takes care of itself.

*End Scene*

Rob: (laughing at the start and not giving Ethan his full eye contact) It's funny really... How ya know (pause) people like you and me always seem to end up in these situations.

Ethan: They're coming for you Ade. You better leave now before...(interrupted)

Rob: (shouting now) People like you, don't beat, me.


Ethan: You know what... Fuck y...(Ade signals and a bag is placed over Carter's head)

No comments:

Post a Comment